- 17-Feb-2017 to 18-Apr-2017 (EST)
- KY, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Healthcare, 401K with Match, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
General Scope of Responsibilities:
This dual role includes both Sales and Service responsibilities and requires thoughtful planning of travel schedules in order to efficiently support sales calls & service jobs. Promote Paperchine's full line of products and services with the customers in the assigned region. Perform various technical field services related to the inspection, alignment, measure-up, installation, adjustment or repair of Paperchine / JohnsonFoils' equipment or existing paper machine equipment. Most service jobs will be performed in the assigned region; however, some services may take place in other North American locations. Travel time is estimated at 80%.
Specific Responsibilities - Sales:
Responsibilities include leading the sales activities for the full product line of parts, equipment and services at each of the mills in the assigned region. You will also work closely with the VP of Sales to formulate and implement a business plan to meet budget targets for your assigned region. Creating and distributing professional sales call reports, and reporting of key business metrics on a monthly basis. Maintain a safe work ethic at all times while traveling and in the customer's mills.
- Safety training must be completed as required by each mill online or on-site prior to entering a customer's facility. Including carrying and wearing safety equipment (safety shoes, hard hat, glasses, ear protection, emergency respirator, etc.).
- Promote Paperchine parts, equipment, rebuild and services within the assigned region.
- Identify opportunities for Paperchine to supply solutions for customer issues.
- Define customer quote requests and compile field data using proposal request forms.
- Obtain competitor insight for the product and services areas which Paperchine competes in.
- Maintain sales prospect lists and customer contact listings for customers within the assigned region.
- Develop strategies to maximize short term and long-term profit for your region, including yearly strategic planning report.
- Develop strategies and provide feedback to ensure growth of core product lines within the region.
- Provide a uniform customer complaint resolution interface for incoming requests (quality claims)
- Provide monthly business reports for your region. (MBIR)
- Visit key customer corporate and key OEM accounts.
- Provide an overall strategy for interface with PMC (Paper Machine Clothing) where mutually beneficial. This includes joint mill visits to leverage relationships, communication of new PPC products or target grades or customers to PMC.
- Build relationships with key decision makers and high potential customers to promote current and future business including production managers, technical directors and mill managers.
Specific Responsibilities - Service:
For general paper machine services, the proposal, planning and execution of work will be led by the Regional Field Service Manager. In the area of ceramic service, the individual will take ownership of the planning, execution and follow up of service jobs by making efficient travel arrangements, communicating with customers and other Paperchine staff, and performing all required tasks on-site. Creating and distributing professional service reports to all relevant people must be completed in a timely manner. Safety training must be completed as required by each mill online or on-site prior to performing work.
- Maintain a safe work ethic at all times, including carrying and wear safety equipment (safety shoes, hard hat, glasses, ear protection, etc.).
- Perform the supervision of the installation or the installation of new ceramic elements. Assembly drawings must be read and understood so equipment is properly installed.
- Perform the supervision of the installation or the installation of new equipment as per engineering layouts. This includes all Paperchine core products and some technology and rebuilds products. Assembly drawings must be read and understood so equipment is properly installed.
- Perform the supervision of the alignment or the alignment of drainage units. This includes all Paperchine core products and some technology and rebuilds products. A professional report of the installation work is required.
- Perform complete ceramic inspection and documentation of forming and press sections including but not limited to:
- Check ceramic condition of each element, measure wear, roughness, etc.
- Document ceramic and fiberglass conditions (visually and quantitatively)
- Repair and/or replace ceramic elements (blades on covers, replace ceramic segments on blades, segmented type covers/blades, hone chipped ceramics, remove sharp edges)
- Inspect and document ceramic wear pattern issues, fabric/felt and/or roll wear issues
- Carry ceramic tool bag, digital camera, flash light, caliper gauge and other measuring tools
- Measure-up of existing equipment/machine areas to allow Engineering to prepare layouts provide field notes, pictures and existing drawings to Engineering in a timely manner. This includes all Paperchine core products and some technology and rebuilds products.
- Perform additional field work as needed to help our sales force with current or new business. This may include: help with vibration studies, troubleshooting quality issues, mechanical issues, etc.
Line: VP Global Sales & Marketing
Coordination: Inside Sales Coordinators, Applications and Engineering Leadership, Manufacturing and Field Service Managers
The Associate carries out the work within broad guidelines such as objectives, definitions and budget. His/her recommendations are reviewed for soundness of judgment, but are normally accepted as sound. Works with moderate supervision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Field Service or Back-up Field Service Technicians at job site, if applicable.
Education/ Experience: Engineering Degree, preferably BSME or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Excellent understanding of drawings, geometries and assembly requirements
- Analytical in nature and capable of understanding paper machines with an emphasis on the wet-end and press sections.
- Understanding all complex designs of the Paperchine product lines including the JohnsonFoils' and VIB Brands.
- Capable of doing methodical measure-ups for the generation of proposals and future equipment installation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and AutoCAD abilities
- Ability to put together professional reports.
- Good understanding of papermaking.
- Ability to communication with customers and do presentations on site.
- Professional conduct and maintains good personal appearance.
- Ability to interface effectively with customer staff of all levels from hourly to senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Effort & Working Conditions: Working conditions can include production/fabrication facilities, paper mills, offices and vendor sites where dust, chemicals and heat may be present. Long travel days and overnight work may be required. Regular travel to customer mill sites and offices. Occasional travel to Paperchine locations.